Happy Summer Solstice! Today marks the longest day of the year. Take advantage of the extra hours of sunlight and get out and have some fun.
Depending on what area of the world you live in will determine the actual time of the June Solstice. Technically, this event will happen today at 22:35 UTC, which marks the point in time the Sun is directly overhead the Tropic of Cancer.
Let us help you get in as much as possible on this long day.
How will you spend your Summer Solstice? Make it intentional and do something crazy; here are some of our favorite ideas.
- Wake up early today and watch the sunrise. (Funny thing is that even though it is the longest day of the year, it is not the earliest sunrise.)
- Invite some friends over for a looooong solstice party
- If you have one nearby, go to the beach….it’s summer!
- Make an incredibly large chalk drawing
- Coordinate a mass public yoga class
- Dance around a bonfire
- Take your kids on an outdoor scavenger hunt
- Read a book from start to finish on the porch
- Have a Star Wars or James Bond movie marathon with a projector in your backyard
- Just do nothing at all and simply…RELAX!
Whatever you decide to do, take lots of pictures and share your memories with us!